Promoting gender equality among researchers is one of NeuroCure's declared objectives. Women are still underrepresented at higher academic levels. To counteract this, NeuroCure has developed special support measures based on the equality strategies of its partner organizations to sustainably increase the proportion of female scientists in higher academic positions. NeuroCure takes into account family circumstances and supports both female and male scientists in combining work and family.
With the aim of achieving a balanced gender ratio in leadership positions, NeuroCure has successfully implemented the following measures and programs:
- female postdoc fellowships for advanced female scientists including start-up funds and personnel to build up a small working group
- mentoring program for women
- financial support for flexible childcare
- practice of actively approaching female scientists in appointment processes
- support for dual career couples
Through NeuroCure's successful strategy, the proportion of female principal investigators within the Cluster has more than doubled from 12% to 27%.
(Professors and Junior Group Leaders)
For more information on the gender equality programs of NeuroCure’s university partner institutions: