If your partner and children will accompany you to Berlin, you will need to take care of some additional formalities before you leave. Your partner and children will need their own visas, where applicable. Children over 18 will need their own purpose of stay; family reunification is insufficient.

If your partner intends to pursue his / her occupation while in Germany, he / she must apply for a visa with the intention to work (§18). For employment arranged after arrival, you will need a work permit, where applicable. (See EURAXESS Germany and Study in Germany.)

For more information on NeuroCure and Charité programs supporting work-life balance, see: